Saturday 21 January 2012

Blue Beret 1960/70s style


My sister in 1960/70s style blue beret (Sirdar 6520), i really
love her  orange jumper.
I don’t usually wear hats as I am one of those people they look terrible on, but I actually think I look half decent in this. It has come out so well I have actually worn it outside a few times. The first few photos here are actually of my sister and the last is me but I have a really bad cold and could not take a good photo of myself and this is the best I could do.

This is my first attempt at a hat for some time, when I first started crochet I made quite a few with varying results, but I did them all free hand without patterns. This is my first attempt at using a pattern for one.

The pattern is from my mum collection of patterns going back to the 1940’s (which are great). It is SIRDAR 6520. It is 1970’s, I think? It is defiantly post 1969 as it is in new money rather than pounds, shillings and pence. She bought this pattern originally for the knitted hat and scarf, and made the hat but did not like it, and never looked at the pattern again. Personally I like both of the crochet patterns here, and I plan to make the cap as well.

My sister in 1960/70s style blue beret (Sirdar 6520)

My sister in 1960/70s style blue beret (Sirdar 6520)

Me in 1960/70s style blue beret (Sirdar 6520)
The original pattern Sirdar 6520


No comments:

Post a Comment